Project place: Arrouquelas, Rio Maior, Portugal
Project dates: 01 – 09 October, 2022
Deadline for applying: URGENT!
AIM OF THE TRAINING COURSE
The overall aim of the training course is to train youth workers being capable to invent and use creative and innovative youth work methods and tools in order to increase the knowledge, understanding and awareness among young people regarding the importance of the EU and to contribute at combating populist movements. Learning objectives of the training course are:
– To get acquainted with the European Youth Strategy “Engaging, Connecting, Empowering young people” especially focus on the 1st Youth Goal “Connecting EU with Youth” and the 11th “Youth organisations and European programmes”;
– To understand the work of the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights and get acquainted with the ’Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union’;
– To explore the four fundamental freedoms in the European Union (free movement of goods, free movement of capital, freedom to establish and provide services, free movement of persons);
– To practice non-formal learning methods on the meaning and importance of media literacy and also how it contributes to maintain democracy;
– To share and invent non-formal learning methods and tools on fighting populism among young people;
– To build partnership and initiate new local and European youth projects according to the requirements of the new Erasmus+ programme especially youth exchanges and youth workers’ mobilities fighting populism among young people.
The methodology of the training course: The training will be designed based on non-formal learning methodology and according to the needs of participants and partner organisations. It will be learner-centred. The experienced international trainers’ team will offer an active participatory programme where participants can explore and reflect on the broad variety of non-formal learning methods used. Participants will improve their citizenship competence and cultural awareness and expression through different non-formal learning methods such as individual reflection, pair and group work, theatre, montage, field visit, open space methodology, etc.
– Above 18 and there is no upper age limit;
– Youth workers, youth leaders, directly working with marginalised young people (e.g. immigrants, minorities, Roma, etc.);
– Ready to take part in the whole training course;
– Have organizational support for further activities with young people;
– Be able to communicate English.
– Full vaccinated (certificate vaccination official)
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 360 EUR.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 500 MKD !
HOW TO APPLY?
Fill out and send the Participant form to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject: Participant form for Training Course “Know yOUR rights!”