Project place: Poznan, Poland
Project dates: 27.10.2022 – 3.11.2022
Deadline for applying: 25.9.2022
✔ Are you interested in non-formal education?
✔ Are you willing to develop your facilitation skills?
✔ Do you want to learn more about how to provide high-quality non-formal activities (workshops, webinars, workcamps, training courses…)?
✔ Are you motivated to explore more about online facilitation and digital tools?
✔ Are you committed to organising more inclusive educational events?
✔ Are you a resident of Austria, Bulgaria, Belgium, Germany, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Serbia or Slovenia?
✔ Are you ready to meet amazing people from 9 countries, make new friendships and get inspired by their ideas and projects?
✔ Would you like to combine city and nature, staying a week at the lakeside with an all-year ski
slope and thermal baths, yet just 3 km from the charming Poznań Old Town?
✔ And all this without any cost?!
Service Civil International is the oldest voluntary peace movement in the world, with over 100 years of experience. Our mission is to promote a culture of peace by organising international volunteering projects with local and global impact. We are present in 40 countries on 5 continents, and we cooperate with partners in almost all countries of the world.
Read more at https://sci.ngo/. During over 100 years of operating globally, SCI has accumulated lots of expertise in non-formal education and peacebuilding, which had been recognised by many institutions, including UNESCO and the Council of Europe.
And do you know that SCI was even nominated numerous times for the Nobel Peace Prize?! Stowarzyszenie Jeden Świat is the Polish branch of SCI. We combine international projects with local spirit and have 30 years of experience in peace work and non-formal education. Learn more about us here.
PROJECT IN SHORT
With the “Learning Lab(oratory) – quality non-formal education in the digital world” project, we aim to improve the quality of the non-formal and informal learning aspects of volunteering activities in our organisations, in both physical and online formats.
Learning Lab(oratory) Pro Training Course
Key aspects of the training: reflecting on the learning experience, collecting good examples/practices, getting more in-depth on the topics of inclusion and blended and digital learning, new tools and trends in learning and development (e.g. Action Learning, gamification…), future steps (how to apply the knowledge and skills in practice), personal development of the trainers/educators (how to take care of ourselves and plan our learning path and growth), Open Space lab.
THE TRAINING COURSE
We are ready to invite you to join a one-week training course “Learning Lab(oratory) Pro”,which will take place between 27.10 and 3.11.2022 in Poznań, Poland.At the training course, you will:
● understand better what quality non-formal learning is, what its elements are and how to provide such learning experiences to all young people,
● learn innovative methods for enhancing the learning processes directed toward young people,
● explore tools for supporting digital learning and online volunteering,
● find creative and engaging ways for turning regular educational activities into an online format,
● discuss how to provide more inclusive and versatile learning opportunities for young people, including such with fewer opportunities,
● exchange ideas, good practices, inspirations, and share resources,
● plan a follow-up action to take place in your local community upon the course completion.
All in all, we offer you an excellent learning opportunity that will support you to increase the quality of non-formal education activities you and your organisation are doing, and also a unique networking experience with fellow-minded people from across Europe.
Our ideal course participants are educators and trainers (also to-be trainers), leaders, volunteers, and
youth workers with an interest in non-formal education, online learning and its applications in their
work with young people. The most important for us is your motivation and willingness to provide high-quality non-formal education activities in online and in-person settings.
There are a few formal requirements you need to satisfy to join the training course:
1. You need to be a resident of one of the 9 project countries mentioned on the cover page.
2. You must be able to communicate in English (the working language of the course).
3. You must be at least 18 years of age.
4. You need to attend the whole course duration (there is no possibility to make exceptions).
5. You commit yourself to organise a follow-up action in your local community/country upon the course completion (it can be e.g. a workshop, webinar, training or other educational activity).
We explicitly encourage participants of all genders, abilities and ethnic backgrounds to apply!
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 EUR.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 500 MKD!