Center for intercultural dialogue is looking for 2 (two) trainers to facilitate a 3-day training course for teachers on youth activism and volunteerism for community-level outreach, as part of the project “Youth Agents of Change”.
The training course will be held from 6th to 9th of November in North Macedonia. The venue is still to be determined.
About the project
The project “Youth – agents of change”, financed by the European Union, is implemented by the Center for Intercultural Dialogue in partnership with the Scout Association of Macedonia and Center for research and analysis – NOVUS. This project addresses youth initiatives, activism and volunteering as one of the key prerequisites for improving democracy and participation of the local government as well as strengthening and comprehensive direct involvement of citizens in democratic processes at the local level. The project aims to increase youth activism through volunteering with the goal to ensure comprehensive social inclusion and development of local communities. Final beneficiaries of the project are high school students, students, youth activists, young people, women, young people with disabilities, youth initiatives, local youth councils and local members of the communities of the municipalities of Centar, Kumanovo and Strumica as primary target, and 7 more secondary targeted municipalities in North Macedonia.
Specific objectives of the project:
- To strengthen the informal networks of young activists and volunteers, for their field capacities to local authorities and citizens, as well as in their monitoring and advocacy capacities.
- To build a sustainable educational system in high schools to strengthen and encourage young people and youth activism for their field capacity towards local governments and citizens, as well as in their monitoring capacities and representation.
The project activities aim at achieving four main results:
- Established mechanism for cooperation of young activists and volunteers with the municipalities “friends of the volunteers” in the process of bringing about positive changes
- Developed competencies and skills of teachers in high schools through establishing programs for youth activism at the local level through non-formal education
- Young people with acquired skills to act on local institutions directly and through the local youth councils
- Raised awareness of the importance of youth initiatives, activism and volunteerism on a local level
The project started implementation in March 2022 and is expected to be completed in August 2024.
About the training course
Center for intercultural dialogue is organizing a 3-day training course for secondary school teachers from three municipalities on youth activism and volunteerism for community-level outreach. The training course will be organized from 6th to 9th of November. Participants at the training will be 50 secondary school teachers from Municipalities of Centar, Kumanovo and Strumica. During the training teachers will gain knowledge how to develop strategies for helping students identify issues they are passionate about, and how to turn that passion into activism. They will learn how to teach students about their relationships with their local communities and how they can have an active role in creating change. In addition, they will begin to design projects that encourage both group work and critical thinking, and that students can use to create awareness about a variety of topics, including human rights, environmentalism, and hunger. After the training, teachers will be well aware about the benefits of youth activism in schools and in the community. They will be able to conduct an exploration of the definition of youth development and what it looks like inside and outside the classroom, examine how participatory action research can be harnessed to engage students in social change and formulate a plan to implement action research.
Objectives of the call
The purpose of this call is to invite interested individuals in the field of activism, volunteerism and youth policies to organize an educational program for secondary school teachers based on the concept developed by the team of partners.
The number of trainers required is 2 (two).
The trainers’ engagement includes:
– Preparation of a plan for activities according to the goals of the training course
– Preparatory meetings in the period from 24.10 – 5.11.2022
– Implementation of the educational program in the period from November 6-9, 2022
– Preparation of a final report by November 20, 2022 at the latest
Compensation for work engagement
A one-time compensation of 550 euros gross in Denar equivalent is foreseen for each of the trainers. The funds will be paid to the trainers no later than 7 days from the day of sending the report and completing the results.
Profile of the trainers
The trainers are active young people with at least 5 years of experience in the field of youth activism, volunteerism and youth policies. The trainers have proven experience in the youth sector, organizing youth events, activities, local initiatives and projects at the local and/or national level.
Registration of interested candidates is by sending:
– CV from the trainer with specified experience in the requested area
– Reference list of projects worked on in the last 5 years with specified goals and results
The deadline for submitting the requested documents is 12.10.2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
The organizer reserves the right during the selection of candidates to request additional documentation to prove the experience presented.
If you have questions about the training course or the application process, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com