Project place: Boževce, Kosovo
Project dates: Arrival 12th November- Departure 19th of November 2022
Deadline for applying: 10.10.2022
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The project No ESCape from reflection (Erasmus + KA1) deals with improving the quality of support for international volunteers and mentors in the framework of the European Solidarity Corps program, especially when it comes to learning and reflection. Partners are: VUK (Velebitska Udruga Kuterevo, Croatia), GAIA Kosovo, Volunteers’ Centre of Vojvodina (Serbia), PVN (Albania), Center for Intercultural Dialogue (Northern Macedonia), Nešto Više (Bosnia and Herzegovina). The general objective of this project is the improvement of the support mechanisms, and thus of the quality, of Volunteering projects in the frame of the European Solidarity Corps programme in the Western Balkans. Moreover, we wish to equip organizations with competencies and tools to ensure a deeper, comprehensive and empowering reflection based on critical thinking for volunteers and their mentors; as well as explore the potential of learning and reflection in ESC Volunteering projects in the field of environmental education and protection and the environmental and social impact of their projects at the personal, organizations,community, regional and European levels.Finally, with this project, we will also develop handy and youth-friendly tools for ESC volunteers and their mentors in order to support and record their learning process (with a focus on environmental ESC projects).
ABOUT THIS TRAINING COURSE
This training course aims at improving the quality of Volunteering ESC projects in the partner organizations, with a focus on the elements of learning, support to learning and solidarity.Participants are 16 volunteers’ coordinators, mentors and other persons involved in the supporting structure from the partner orgs.Namely, participants will be better prepared for and more familiar with:
● Support systems, different roles and methods in mentoring and supervising volunteers;
● Their tasks of support and reflection on learning, personal growth, skills development, self-awareness for the volunteers;
● How to support yourself when working with volunteers;
● How to overcome challenges that can occur during the project;
● Tools for critical reflection on volunteer’s lifestyle, impact and ecological footprint;
● How to ensure context-awareness of the volunteers, reflection on their role in the local community and the true meaning of solidarity;
● European Solidarity Corps, Erasmus+, Service Civil International and other volunteering programs/schemes.
We would like that this training is inspiring, empowering and productive, so bring your great ideas, knowledge and experience and critical, but constructive approach.
Participants of this training course should be:
● Aged 18+,
● Able to communicate and work in English language,
● Available to participate from the first to the last day (12th November-19th of November)
● Already involved as mentors, coordinators, tutors and supervisors or planning to be
● Willing to experience 6 intense days in a rural environment, with few commodities (compost toilets, common sleeping rooms, presence of animals) with the opportunity to learn a lot about community life, observe Permaculture practices, and much more,
● Ready to cooperate, engage actively in the activities and workshops, to share one’s experience and knowledge,
● Residents in Serbia, Croatia, Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Albania.
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 210 EUR.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 500 MKD!