Download full call in Macedonian
Download full call in Albanian
Project place: Hotel Manastir, Berovo
Project dates: 6.11 – 9.11.2022
Deadline for applying: 30.10.2022
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The project “Youth – agents of change”, financed by the European Union, is implemented by Center for Intercultural Dialogue in partnership with Scout Association of Macedonia and Center for research and analysis NOVUS from Strumica. This project addresses youth initiatives, activism and volunteering as one of the key prerequisites for improving democracy and participation of the local government as well as strengthening and comprehensive direct involvement of citizens in democratic processes at the local level. The project aims to increase youth activism through volunteering with the goal to ensure comprehensive social inclusion and development of local communities. Ultimate beneficiaries of the project are high school students, students, youth activists, young people, women, young people with disabilities, youth initiatives, local youth councils and local members of the communities of the municipalities of Centar, Kumanovo and Strumica as primary target, and 7 more secondary targeted municipalities in North Macedonia.
Specific objectives of the project:
- To strengthen the informal networks of young activists and volunteers, for their field capacities to local authorities and citizens, as well as in their monitoring and advocacy capacities.
- To build a sustainable educational system in high schools to strengthen and encourage young people and youth activism for their field capacity towards local governments and citizens, as well as in their monitoring capacities and advocacy capacities.
The project activities aim at achieving four main results:
- Established mechanism for cooperation of young activists and volunteers with the municipalities “friends of the volunteers” in the process of bringing about positive changes
- Developed competencies and skills of teachers in high schools through establishing programs for youth activism at the local level through non-formal education
- Young people with acquired skills to act on local institutions directly and through the local youth councils
- Raised awareness of the importance of youth initiatives, activism and volunteerism on a local level
The project started implementation in March 2022 and is expected to be completed in August 2024.
ABOUT THE TRAINING COURSE
Center for intercultural dialogue is organizing three-day training course for secondary school teachers from three municipalities on youth activism and volunteerism for community-level outreach. Participants of the training course will be 50 secondary school teachers from Municipalities of Kumanovo, Skopje and Strumica. During the training teachers will gain knowledge on how to develop strategies for helping students identify issues they are passionate about, and how to turn that passion into activism. They will learn how to teach students about their relationships with their local communities and how they can have an active role in creating change. In addition, they will begin to design projects that encourage both group work and critical thinking, and that students can use to create awareness about a variety of topics, including human rights, environmentalism, and hunger. After the training, teachers will be well aware about the benefits of youth activism in schools and in the community. They will be able to conduct an exploration of the definition of youth development and what it looks like inside and outside the classroom, examine how participatory action research can be harnessed to engage students in social change and formulate a plan to implement action research.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS:
- Secondary school staff;
- Residents of Municipalities of Kumanovo, Skopje or Strumica;
- Willing to contribute with their experience to the training course;
- Motivated to transfer their knowledge from the training course about the benefits of youth activism in schools and in their local communities;
- Prepared to work with students on designing projects that address youth issues in their local communities;
- Able to attend the whole duration of the training course.
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to the amount of a return bus ticket.
If you have questions about the training course or the application process, you can contact us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY?
Registration of interested candidates is by filling in the form available on 3 languages:
- Macedonian language APPLY HERE!
- Albanian language APPLY HERE!
- English language APPLY HERE!