Project place: Magdeburg, Germany
Project dates: 04 – 11. February 2023
Deadline for applying: URGENT!
With this Training Course we would like to explore Human Rights in global, with emphasis on rights, position and experiences of of the LGBTQIA+ community. We would like to raise awareness towards our rights as human beings and expand the values which lead towards acceptance and inclusion. Working on a topic that is in parts of Europe seen as extremely controversial, we are aware that creating safe space for sharing is a priority. Important as well, we see topics like identity, equality, non-discrimination to be included in the programme. At the same time a Youth Exchange will be happening as well, which can be well combined as a trail run for participants who want to experience facilitating on the topic of Human Rights.
- An interactive and engaging programme, giving participants the chance to road test and experience tools themselves.
- A space for meaningful knowledge exchange with participants encouraged to share their experiences and tools.
- Cities of Learning playlists and badges as pathways of learning.
- A networking opportunity to meet and connect with others in the field who have an interest in working with young people.
This training course aims to give participants space to experience and share tools and
approaches as well as investigating new opportunities, all the while having an eye on the
realities and challenges of using them.
- Developing a broader understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the field of international youth work, expecially while working on the topic of Human Rights
- Explore and review different tools and methodologies and develop increased skills and recognise how to apply them
- Opportunities to share your own expertise and learn from international peers
The training programme is designed to provide a safe space for sharing, with experiential learning and a chance to try out different tools and explore how they can be applied to youth work practice.
- Increased knowledge about different formats of international youth projects, as well as tools and methods for their creation
- Sharing of good practice and tools international youth work
- Increased familiarity with different stages of a group building process
- Raised awareness of importance of reflection process and learning to learn competence
- Youth worker, Educator, Volunteer…
- At least 18 years old
- Able to communicate and work in English
- Motivated to explore the topic and share your experience/expertise
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 EUR.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 500 MKD!