Project place: Marina di Cinisi, Palermo
Project dates:24/06/2023 (arrival) – 02/07/2023 (departure)
Deadline for applying: 08/04/2023
RU – MATES in a nutshell
European policies recommend giving special attention to young people living in rural areas when designing social inclusion measures, moreover, “Moving rural youth forward” is one of the main goals of the EU Youth Strategy 2019-2027. RUMATES Training Course intends to address the needs of disadvantaged youth and Youth Workers themselves in rural areas: at the moment in EU countries, the access to youth work services for young people in rural areas to reach their full personal and professional potential is still limited. The support from the local networks to develop their own businesses is reduced, the awareness regarding the importance of entrepreneurship to sustainable local development is limited and the access to information to encourage rural youth in starting their own entrepreneurial journey is not facilitated. RU-MATES Training Course aims to increase the professional and personal skills of Youth Workers and Project Leaders in the field of social planning and re engagement of youth in rural areas. The main objective is to give them concepts and practices that allow the creation of social projects in rural areas in order to re- engage unemployed and in need for upskilling young people and to promote effective participation and social inclusion of young people living in educational disadvantage (NEETS and ESLs). RU-MATES is a valid initiative to increase youth work services in rural areas through non-formal education, giving Youth Workers knowledge and tools that allow the creation of social projects in rural areas in order to socially re-engage in need for upskilling youth. In line with the objectives of the Youth Workers mobility, the project aims to provide non-formal and informal learning opportunities for the personal and professional development of youth workers, and of the organizations involved. The increase in skills and knowledge that will result, will lead to an improvement in youth practice not only at the local level (participant organisations will embed the foreseen activities and methods in the work they normally carry out to address the issues of inclusion and engagement of youth in rural areas), but also at the national and above all European level since the project also aims to strengthen international networks and disseminate good practices and methodologies that can be replicated to work with this target but also adapted according to the context.
The objectives of this Training Course
From the perspective of youth work practice, the specific objectives of the Training Course are:
• to strengthen the role of Youth Workers in the rural communities;
• to provide Youth Workers with new skills in Reciprocal Maieutic Approach and Emotion Management as tools to understand the needs of young people living in educational disadvantage;
• to empower Youth Workers with new skills in social planning for the inclusion of young people living in rural areas from an educational and occupational point of view, and to give them communication and digital skills to interact with geographically disadvantaged young people, in order to encourage their active participation in the territory
• to contribute to the capacity of youth organisations to promote non-formal education in the field of youth work as well as to strengthen cooperation with other youth organisations in EU countries.
- At least 18 years old
- Able to communicate and work in English
- Motivated to explore the topic and share your experience/expertise
- Youth workers, volunteers, active in NGOs
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 EUR.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 750 MKD!