Project place: Bonn, Germany
Project dates: 07 August 2023 -16 August 2023
Deadline for applying: URGENT!
Due to various refugee, public health and social crises, a large movement of people have been observed. Individuals have left their immediate and known environment and settled in alien lands with different cultures and residents. This mass movement has introduced new behavioural patterns and
questioned European values. The coexistence of various cultures in a single neighbourhood has given rise to racist and xenophobic ideas and attitudes. Hence, it has become evident to address the importance of diversity and cherish and promote it. Extremely Together Against Extremism is a youth exchange project that was developed and is being implemented by a consortium of youth organisations and is led by Life Learning Development e.V. The Youth Exchange Session will bring together 25 participants and will target youth workers/leaders and young people based in the countries across the European Union (i.e. Germany, Cyprus, Greece and The Republic of North Macedonia) and the neighbouring country of Armenia. The participants will engage in a series of activities such
2. Intercultural Learning.
3. Group Presentations
4. Preparatory Visit.
And will develop their knowledge on:
1. Communication 2. Social and Civic Competencies. 3. Cultural Awareness and Expression.
The project “Extremely Together Against Extremism” aims at:
1. Gathering Youth Workers, representatives from 4 different countries across the EU (i.e. Germany, Cyprus, Greece and The Republic of North Macedonia) and a neighbouring country of Armenia.
2. Initiating a discussion about the implementation of Intercultural Learning and how it can be used as a tool against radicalization.
3. Organising an exchange session among the participants to encourage the exchange of viewpoints on the concepts of Multiculturalism that are considered to be controversial.
4. The participants will gain the following advantages: a. Valuable Information, necessary skills and practical skills for tackling issues related to intercultural diversity and extremism.
b. A more open minded and cooperative perspective towards the obstacles faced by youth across various European Countries.
The participants will gain an opportunity to exchange their ideas on cultural diversity and discrimination, the situation of migrants across various EU and multiculturalism and its effect on society. The participants will be able to share their own experiences, and to learn more about cultural realities of
Western and Eastern Europe.
The Exchange Session will involve 25 participants from different EU societies (Germany, Greece, Cyprus and The Republic of Macedonia) and the neighbouring country of Armenia. The participants should be from 18 to 25 years of age and belong to Erasmus+ Programme Countries. The participants should be prepared to voice their opinions against topics such as:
They should be comfortable in confronting the issues (such as cultural discrimination, racism, culture shock etc). These issues are faced by refugees/migrants while they go through the struggle of adapting to the norms of a foreign culture. The participants must be open to gaining new insights and sharing their experience with their friends, family and local community.
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 EUR.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 750 MKD!