Project place: near Bern, Switzerland
Project dates: 16-23 November 2023
Deadline for applying: 10/08/2023
✔ Are you interested in non-formal learning?
✔ Are you willing to develop your trainer and facilitation skills?
✔ Do you want to learn more about how to provide high-quality non-formal activities for peace (workshops, webinars, workcamps, training courses…)?
✔ Do you prefer to be an action-taker rather than an observer?
✔ Do you agree that we all deserve peaceful lives, with peaceful minds, nonviolent interactions, and without the horrors of war and conflict?
✔ Have you ever wondered how we can make this dream come true, step by step?
✔ Would you be ready to become one of the brave young changemakers who make the world a better place?
✔ Are you ready to meet amazing people from over 13 countries, make new friendships and get inspired by their ideas and projects?
✔ And all this at no cost, or just a small membership fee?
✔ Can you make it to Switzerland for the period 16-23 November 2023?
✔ Do you live in any of the following countries: Albania, Bulgaria, France, Jordan, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Palestine, Poland, Serbia, Spain, Tunisia, Turkey, or Switzerland?
PROJECT IN SHORT
With the “Educators for Peace” project, we are ready to share our expertise with you, support you in becoming an educator and changemaker, and gaining competences essential for building
a peaceful and nonviolent world. The project will last through 2023 and 2024 and aims at inspiring and training educators and changemakers who are willing to deliver high-quality educational events for peace and become multipliers and messengers of peace, while creating a chain of follow-up actions for promoting and living peace. It consists of several steps:
1. International training course “Training of Trainers for Peace” in November 2023 in Köniz near Bern, Switzerland.
2. International training course “Peace Education Market” in April 2024 in Köniz near Bern, Switzerland.
3. Local actions for peace organised by the training participants (December 2023-September 2024).
OUR TRAINING COURSE
As a first step, thanks to the financial support of Movetia Swiss National Agency, we are ready to invite 28 participants (2 per country and 4 participants from the host SCI Switzerland) to join a one-week training course “Training of Trainers for Peace”. The main focus of the training will be on how to plan, design, and deliver high-quality educational activities in offline and online settings.
During the training you will:
▪ deepen your knowledge and understanding of the concept of learning, how it happens, and how you can support the learning processes,
▪ develop your facilitation skills in offline and online settings,
▪ learn how to live peace and act for peace through small-scale actions that can be done even without big resources,
▪ get equipped with various training tools and methods you can later use in your work and everyday life,
▪ be offered space for the safe exchange of good practices, of inspiration, of sharing resources and ideas,
▪ plan a follow-up action to take place in your local community upon the course completion.
Key programme elements: lifelong learning, standards for quality in learning, experiential learning cycle, learning zones, group dynamics, blended learning, (online) facilitation techniques; digital tools; follow-up planning; reflection, and evaluation.
The project is intended for the following types of participants:
– activists, enthusiasts, volunteers willing to become trainers and educators;
– youth workers with a strong interest in peace topics and its appliance in their work with youngsters.
We invite participants both with (some) experience of working in the youth field, and those who are also newcomers, activists, and enthusiasts. What is the most important for us is your willingness to become educators and actors of change – multipliers in your local communities, and persons promoting and willing to live peace in your everyday routine (on a personal and professional level). All participants are expected to commit and actively participate in the preparation, implementation, and follow-up of the training as well as to participate for the whole duration of the event.
There are a few formal requirements you need to satisfy to join the training course:
1. You need to be a resident of one of the following countries: Albania, Bulgaria, France, Jordan, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Palestine, Poland, Serbia, Spain, Tunisia, Turkey, or
2. You should be able to communicate in English.
3. You must be minimum of 18 years of age.
4. You need to attend the whole course duration (there is no possibility to make exceptions).
5. You commit yourself to organize a follow-up action for peace in your local community / country upon the course completion (these can be e.g. a workshop on peace, street action, online campaign, presentation, screening, peace caravan, discussion, workcamp, etc.)
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 310 EUR.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 750 MKD!