Project place: Stratoni, Greece
Project dates: 13th – 23th of September 2023
Deadline for applying: 26/07/2023
About the Event:
2023 has been announced as the European Year of Skills, which will in particular combine a focus on skills development to ensure that no one is left behind while it will also focus on making green and digital transitions socially fair and just. Within the Year of Skills, a special focus is given to young people who have been facing challenges in entering the labor market as well as those not in education, employment or training (NEET) to activate them for the labor market through matching of aspirations and skill sets with opportunities on the job market. In the light of the European Year of Skills, YEU has therefore dedicated its 41st Convention to the topic of digitalization and digital skills – both essential for young people’s personal, social and professional development today.
The process aims at gathering organizations and young people coming from different and diverse contexts, EU, and non-EU, for the purpose of learning from each other, sharing information and practices but also contributing to the outcomes of the European Year of Skills with their own different realities. The organizations and young people will be able to give different perspectives while still having a high quality level of learning, discussions and sharing!
Objectives of the 41st Convention are:
- To gather young people from across and beyond Europe including young people from disadvantaged backgrounds;
- To providing an entry point for young people to YEU and provide first-time experiences in international mobility;
- To break down prejudices and stereotypes by fostering understanding, tolerance and intercultural learning across borders;
- To build on young people’s skills development to ensure that no one is left behind;
- To offer young people an opportunity to obtain concrete knowledge and skills on digitalization as well as produce their own short videos, which will be edited into a longer video to be distributed across and beyond YEU Network to promote the YEU Convention among other non-organized young people around Europe.
- youth workers, educators, and volunteers involved in youth work in NGOs
- 18+ years old
- committed to contributing
- able to communicate in English
- enthusiastic, tolerant and willing to accept the differences of other participants, to experiment, to have an open mind and to be motivated to learn and grow
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 180 EUR.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 750 MKD!