Project place: Caldirola, Italy
Project dates: 22-28 September, 2023
Deadline for applying: URGENT!
Are you interested…
IN EXPLORING CULTURES, STORIES, AND SOCIAL ISSUES, THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY
IN EXPRESSING OURSELVES THROUGH THE CAMERA LENSES
TO CREATE A DIGITAL PHOTO ALBUM
IN STEPPING OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE BY TRAVELLING AND MEETING NEW PEOPLE
IN BEING SURROUNDED BY NATURE (SOME BUGS), MOUNTAINS AND FOREST?
THE MAIN IDEA
The aim of “Pack the Pic” is to inspire through photography the young people who have never travelled abroad, showing what international exchanges are.
The idea for the project started from research on photography as a tool for creating “visual memory”, essential for documenting cultures and social realities. Social photography is useful as a narration of unknown stories, which need to be brought to light. Furthermore, photography guides those who observe towards reflection on the need to make a social change and redemption of individual and collective identities.
DURRING THE PROJECT YOU WILL
- Explore cultures, stories, and social issues, through photography
- Express ourselves through the camera lenses
- Create a system of involvement and support aimed at friends, acquaintances, and young people in general, who have never participated in international mobility experiences.
- Create a digital photo album for all young people, using it as a guide on what to “pack” before participating in a program Erasmus+, i.e. how to prepare, what to expect, and how to gain confidence in the host association and in the other participants.
- Organize dissemination activities to promote our digital photo album at local and international level.
- Have fun!
- Living in Italy, Estonia, Hungary, Romania, North Macedonia
- From 18 to 25 years old (group leader: 18+)
- Willing to actively participate during all the phases of this project.
- Able and willing to work and communicate in English
- Ready to participate in daily cleaning activities
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 EUR.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 750 MKD!