Project place: Lesvos Island, Greece
Project dates: 26 September – 2 October 2023
Deadline for applying: URGENT!
AIM OF THE PROJECT
Main areas of concerns: TMP proposes to originate a creative response on anti-democratic forces in European societies.
The consortium of partners considers it is extremely important that youth workers working with young Europeans are able to use creative tools to question how populists and extremists try to manipulate them.
The project explores how some groups create opposition up to enemyship to other groups, be they refugeexpected es, muslims, “unbelievers”, LGBTQ+ a.s.o.
The expected results: TMP develops creative worktools, a handbook, an a network, in order to empower youth workers to be able to shift perspectives in their concrete work, and to help young people to find a deeper understanding of people who are “different”, overcoming prejudices and discover the pleasure of exchanging, playing and acting with people they would otherwise never meet.
The project’s objectives are:
– To empower and encourage youth workers to integrate methods into their work that will help them to address antidemocratic attitudes, such as racism, nationalism, intolerance, as well as religious fundamentalism in all its forms.
– To enrich the set of methods and tools available for youth work in the above fields with techniques from the field of theatre pedagogy and other performing arts.
– To create a core of youth trainers/ workers who have skills to tackle these sensitive issues in their work, and who also can act as multipliers
The project will address the 4 following issues using theatre/drama and performing arts:
- Far-right extremism and populism: Racism and anti-refugees’ rhetoric
- Far-right extremism and populism: Conspiracy theories and disinformation
- Religious fundamentalism: Islamic fundamentalism
- Christian religious dogmatism and politics
– Above 18+ years old
– Fluent in English
– Be able to participate the whole duration
-TMP Project developers and
– Selected youth workers committed to apply the TMP training with their youth groups in their own context and provide feedback
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 180 EUR.
Sending fee: 750 MKD!