Project place: Garlstedt ,Osterholz Scharmbeck, Germany + trip to Brussels
Project dates: 20-29th April 2024
Deadline for applying: URGENT!
Info About Project
This project represents the 6th edition of projects implemented by NaturKultur with the EU and Youth in its focus. Previous five projects “EU- to be or not to be” (2017), “EU between benefits and challenges” (2018), “EU in good times and in bad” (2020), “EU: Should I stay or should I go” (2021) and „EU: To Green or Not to Green“ (2023) have been recognized as successful stories by the participants themselves, partner organisations and all other stakeholders involved.
During our youth exchange, we will go for a study visit to Brussels where our plan is to visit European Commission and European Parliament. The group leaders will also have
the task to organize meeting with politicians from their country during our stay in Brussels, meaning that every national team should meet politician from their country that is working in EU institution in Brussels. We are going to spend 2 days in Brussels. During the online preparatory meeting, we will share more info about the Brussels trip.
- Increasing awareness of young Europeans about the concepts of the
European culture, European values and European citizenship
- Strengthening of political participation of young people, fostering cooperation between youngsters and politicians;
- Rising the awareness about the EU among young people, getting to know how the EU functions and increasing support towards the EU;
- Inspiring young people to get involved in the politics at all levels: local,
regional, state and the European. Breaking prejudices towards politics and politicians.
- 18-30 years old, group leaders 18+
- Resident of one of the participating countries: Germany, North Macedonia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Montenegro, Spain.
- Participants don’t need to have a good knowledge in English, they just need a great willingness to be a part of a multi-cultural group.
- Previous experience in EU topics is not required but participants should show initiative for learning new nonformal methods and working with other young people.
- Group leader should be 18+ with a stable link to the sending organization and an active role in it, preferably a youth worker or at least an experienced member.
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 EUR.
Sending fee: 750 MKD